If you recently registered for a class: thank you! You should have received registration and transaction confirmation messages within 24 hours. Please notify me if you did not. What is the best way to prepare for this class?
What I do
- Register you in the APMG system. APMG International is a UK-based firm that specializes in professional certification administration, following ISO 9001 standards. They will invite you to create a candidate profile in their system so I can process your exam.
- Ship your study packet within two business days of receiving your registration payment, if you ordered one.
- Send information about the class as we get closer to the date.
What you can do
The class is two full days of discussion and activities. The exam is test is 50 questions, closed book, and you have 40 minutes to complete the test. In the coming weeks, here are ways to prepare for the class and the exam:
- Obtain and read the certification body of knowledge text book, Technical Communication Today: Special Edition for Society for Technical Communication Foundation Certification, Books a la Carte Edition, 5th Edition, by Richard Johnson-Sheehan (ISBN-10: 0134419391).
- Review the STC study guide and sample exam questions.
- Join the STC CPTC Prep Slack channel. Let me know if you need access to the channel.