Date(s) - 08/10/2017 - 08/11/2017
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
This class will familiarize individuals with the requirements for CPTC Foundation Certification. We will focus on the nine core skill areas of technical communication, topics included in the certification exam, certification test format, and sample questions.
To prepare for class:
- Obtain and read the certification body of knowledge text book, Technical Communication Today: Special Edition for Society for Technical Communication Foundation Certification, Books a la Carte Edition, 5th Edition, by Richard Johnson-Sheehan (ISBN-10: 0134419391).
- Review the STC study guide and sample exam questions.
This is an online class. One week before the class, you will receive an email with instructions on how to log in and access the GoToTraining site. Please make sure you have access to high-speed internet and either VOIP or a separate phone line.
Thursday, August 10: 9:00 – 4:30, CDT
Friday, August 11: 9:00 – 4:30, CDT
Both days include morning and afternoon breaks, plus an hour-long break for lunch.
The registration fee for this class includes:
- Two days of interactive instruction in CPTC Foundation topics.
- One online sitting of the CPTC Foundation-level certification exam ($250 for current STC members and $495 for non-members). Candidates may take the exam online for up to one year after completing the class.
- Confidence Plus: If you don’t pass the exam on the first try, we will refund 50% of the STC-member fee for a re-take.
A minimum of 4 candidates must be enrolled for the class to be held. If the class is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, full refunds will be issued.
Two or more individuals from the same organization registering at the same time qualify for a 10% discount. Please contact me for this discount code.
Registration for this class closes on Wednesday, August 9, 2017.
How to Register
For each registration type you select, provide information about the attendee.
Payment is made via PayPal. If you prefer to pay via check, please use the contact form to request an invoice and registration instructions.
Registration indicates you agree to and accept Red Desk Studio Terms and Conditions.
Bookings are closed for this event.